· The Human is published at least once a year. Submission periods are announced in the "Call for Works" page of the journal as well as in various international cfp webpages.
· The Human publishes written works of knowledge and art.
· Articles, reviews, interviews, poems, short-stories, plays, or essays submitted should be primarily in English or alternatively in Turkish.
· There is no maximum or minimum word-count limitation relating to the length of submissions. However, editors, during their initial control of the piece, reserve their rights to reject a work because of its inappropriate length.
· All written or visual works should display original thought and ideas.
· Authors of submissions are free to use any documentation styles (MLA, Chicago, etc.) as long as they consistently follow documentation principles of one style from the beginning till the end of the work. If the work eventually receives acceptance for publication, it should follow the documentation principles of Chicago manual of style, 15th edition.
· The Human editors may ask authors to revise and improve use of language in their works.
· Submissions may feature illustrations and graphics. It is the responsibility of the author of such pieces to obtain necessary permissions for the illustrations and/or graphics that they use.
· Articles must be submitted as e-mail attachments, in Microsoft Word format, along with an abstract.
· Since the articles will be sent to referees anonymously, the author’s name should only be written in the cover e-mail; there should be no indication of the author’s identity on the paper itself.
· The Human does not publish previously published works. Therefore, authors of any works submitted to The Human accept that their works have not been published or appeared elsewhere.
· Articles must be double-spaced (with single-spacing used for block quotations).
· Margins should be 2.5 cm. or 1 inch from all sides. The first line of each paragraph should be indented. Block quotations should be indented 2.5 cm. or 1 inch from both the right and left margins.
Submission Preparation Checklist
ü As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
ü The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
ü The submission file is in MS Word (for articles and essays) format, and in either MS Word, PDF or JPEG format for poems, plays, and short-stories.
ü Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
ü The text is double-spaced; uses a 11 or 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
CALL for WORKS
The Human (issn: 2147-9739) is an international and interdisciplinary journal that publishes articles written in the fields of literatures in English (British, American, Irish, etc.), classical and modern Turkish literature, drama studies, and comparative literature (where the pieces bridge literature of a country with Turkish literature).
The submission deadline for our next issue is June 30, 2014.
Articles published in The Human are indexed and disseminated by the Ebsco Publishing.
Have you lived in a country not your own or written poetry of invented countries? We are looking for poems of the strange sensations awarded to those who leave their homes and set out on a voyage. Or poems of countries we have not heard enough from: poems of the Middle East, of Africa. Poems of Bosnia Herzegovina and Ireland and the poems of the Travellers. Poems that go outside and take a long walk, poems that move out of the known world.
Please limit submission to 3 poems. Deadline for this issue is April 15th. We will be open to general admissions as well.